Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Skin City and Friends

October 11, 2011

Today was a really good day.  It started out will a trip to a new spa in the Kerry Parkside called Skin City 5.5.  This is the same spa that messed up our pedicure’s a couple of weeks ago.  One might think that that mix up would put me off, but because they paid for the treatment at the Dragon Fly to make up for the mistake… they did the right thing which goes a long way. 

The services they offer a just a bit different than the Dragon Fly.  I think that the combination of both spas really gives me a perfect spa.  Skin City offers a much wider variety of facials to choose from… so I took advantage of being able to get on the membership with a group of ladies from Frazier House.  Their membership gets fantastic discounts. 

Facials get a 70% discount off an already reasonable charge.  AND the first treatment is free!!!  So I picked one that I would not normally get… the Diamond Microdermabrasion treatment.  It is advertised as the ‘ultimate elixir of youth’!!!  With that kind of promo…well I had to have me one!  It was like having little vacuum cleaner on your face and neck…sucking the wrinkles right out!  Not really, but definitely minimized them!!!  It was amazing!!! 

I am already planning my next facial… the Fresh O2 Oxygen Facial.  I had one of these on our cruise to Hawaii.  Even Michael commented about my skin after that… which speaks volumes!

I just love… love… love the fact that this mall is easy to get to by subway!!!  The station is in the basement of the mall… what more could I have asked for.

But instead of taking the subway back home, I grabbed a cab.  I had only an hour to pull myself together and get to Lujiazui to meet Jacqueline and a friend of hers that I had not met yet.  I quickly got ready and cabbed it to Super Brand Mall.  We were meeting at Din Tai Fung… the wonderful dumpling restaurant.

We all got seated and made the introductions.  Annette is a lovely woman from Sweden.  Her children are grown, so it is just she and her husband in Shanghai.  She was such a fun person to talk to.  I can tell we will be fast friends!  She will be a wonderful addition to this international band of women that I have come to call my friends.   We laughed and ate the whole time we were there.  Our lunch lasted about 2 ½ hours.  The place was packed when we arrived and we were one of only a few tables still occupied when we left!  As expected, lunch was amazing!

Jacqueline and Annette were headed on to Puxi to the fabric market and invited me to go with, but I declined this time.  We made plans to meet at Kerry Parkside tomorrow for lunch at the Malay Restaurant then on to the Dragon Fly for foot massages.   I see another great day shaping up!!!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment