Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Still In Texas

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Well… today is my sweet husband’s birthday and he is alone in China.  If everything had gone as planned I would have been there to celebrate with him, but unfortunately that was not to be.  I sent an email with all my ‘Happy Birthday’s’ so that he would see it first thing when he got up for his 4am conference call.  Sang to him as soon as he called me, albeit long distance… at least I tried.  But not being there was still disappointing.

I can hear it in his voice when I talk to him... he has had enough alone time.  The stress of taking care of everything can get to be too much very quickly.   Help is on the way though...Jason, our son, will be heading to China on August 26 and I know that will be so exciting for both of them.  I have sent several B-day presents with him so that Michael will have a belated birthday celebration.  He is going to be so surprised!!!

I spent yesterday making reservations for him and Jason to go to Beijing.  They will stay in a hotel only 10 mins from Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City.  Then set up a tour to the Great Wall, but not the same section that we did with the family in June.  I wanted them to see something new together and make it more interesting for Michael.  They will have a full day of activities, but the main thing is the Great Wall.  They will get back to Shanghai on September 1.

I will be leaving here on September 2 for Shanghai myself.  I made my reservations a couple of days ago.  I will be back so that we can all go around Shanghai and see the sights together.  At least I will get to be a part of the visit.  I really did not think I would be able to handle the walking and the heat so soon after surgery, so I set up the Beijing trip for before I get there.

I will see the doctor on August 29 for my follow-up and am confident that all is well.  I feel great and this time surgery has been pretty easy on me.  Everything is taken care of now… so time to get back to my life. 

As I look back on the chain of events that brought me back to the US, I am feeling that there was some divine intervention going on.  Had I not, I would not have gone to the doctor and none of these issues would have been found and taken care of… so God was definitely working his miracles… and I am so grateful. 

It will be hard leaving the family and Maggie after being back for such a long time.  But the few months until January will pass quickly.  We will be back before they know it!

Jason and Dennell will be exchanging nuptials on January 14.  We will be back for the wedding festivities and then I will stay on for another few weeks after Michael has to go back.  This is our last one to marry and he has waited a long time to make sure this is THE one.  We are very blessed to have her in our lives too.

This week is going to be pretty hectic.  Tomorrow I will be dining at the middle school with Kendall.  Thursday I will be at the elementary school from 11am with Austin, then 11:45am with Brooklyn and wrap it up with Wade at noon.  At least I will have eaten lunch at school with all the younger ones.  Bailey is a freshman this year and it would not be ‘COOL’ to have MawMaw there for lunch… so won’t be hitting the high school scene!  You know…I might embarrass her!!!  Could not chance that one!!!

Friday is adult day… Marcy, Jennifer and I are going to be lunching at the Victorian Tea Room in downtown Mabank.  Don’t laugh… the food is wonderful!  My friend, Connie, and I had lunch there last week and I was amazed at how yummy the food was.  It is only open during the week so I had never been able to eat there… but we actually had to wait on a table… the place was full!!!  And once we tasted the food, it was obvious why it was packed!   

Then, Friday night, Bailey is having a Birthday slumber party… but I am guessing there will NOT be much slumbering going on!!!  If memory serves me…. Five or six 14 year old girls are not a recipe for sleep or anything else for that matter, except giggling and mischief!!! 

Sunday is actually her birthday and we will be having a family celebration then.  It is kinda funny… I made out her card and b-day present weeks ago before when I thought I was leaving to go back to China…  I am so ahead of the game this time!! 

The first three days of next week will be spent in Dallas for various appointments… then out on Friday.  The time is so booked that it will fly by… ARG!!!  As happy as I am to get back to Michael, I am equally sad to be saying goodbye again to my family and friends. 

Until the next posting… have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment