Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back in Shanghai

September 5, 2011

Hello from Shanghai!!!  It is early here and oh so quiet… I can only hear the hum of the A/C.  Thought it might be a good time to catch you up.

I arrived back at the apartment on Saturday evening Shanghai time.  Those flights never get any easier!  I was up at 5am on Friday morning and did not hit the pillow until 10:30pm on Saturday night.  

Michael and Jason came to the airport to meet me… but misjudged how early I was getting in.  As I was about to get a ride, I spotted them coming my way.  Thank goodness for that… they would have made the trip for nothing.  I was happy to see Michael after such a long time away… AND I think he was really happy to see me too.  I was glad to have the help with the luggage and we headed to the Maglev and back to the apartment.

We chatted none stop about the trip they had to Beijing.  Those boys are not to be trusted on their own anywhere!!!  They spent hours being lost… got propositioned by some ladies of the night… got food poisoning… and managed to climb the Great Wall!!!  I think Jason’s visit was just what Michael needed!!!  Albeit, they can get into major trouble together!!  I have not seen their pictures yet, but they tell me they had a great time.

Sunday I was not feeling very well so I went back to bed… at some point Michael came in and told me they were headed out to Puxi and People’s Square.  I vaguely remember that conversation and did not wake up again until about 5pm.  I had missed 2 calls on the cell from Michael… I never even heard it ring!  I called back and they were already heading back on the subway. 

I figured I better get myself pulled together so we could go to dinner.  I had had very little to eat and thought maybe I would feel better with some food.  I was ready to go by the time they got to the apartment.  We decided on Asijen Noodles.  It is only 2 subway stops a way and the food is predictable.  So off we went!  

Today we are going to the Jade Buddhist Temple and Ji’An Temple, then to the wax museum and round out the day with dinner somewhere nice.  We mapped out the route last night and have a couple of places to choose from for dinner.  A couple of my friends recommended a wonderful restaurant in the French Concession we should try called Amokka.  I am told they use really fresh ingredients and the reviews rave about the food.  Or we could go to one of the many fine dining places on the Bund.  I will let you know what place wins out!

There is no real food in the house and until we take time to hit the supermarket… I won’t be cooking!  I don’t think a meal of Coke Zero, pretzels, or oatmeal constitutes a meal.  I am pretty certain that they have been eating out all the time Jason has been here.  There is a little fruit in the frig, but that is not really a meal either. 

I checked out my plants I left in Michael’s care.  They look pretty sad, but I think a little cutting back and they might come back around.  I think he over watered the purslane.  They are drought tolerant which means overwatering can definitely be bad for them, but I saw a few little buds at the bottoms… so I think they still have some life in them.

The apartment needs some attention from some cleaning products, but other than that… it looks pretty much the same.  I will wait until Jason heads back to tackle any of the ‘chores’.  I just want to spend time with him and Michael and enjoy showing Jason around Shanghai.  The time will go quickly enough without wasting it on domestic work.  Notice how easy it was … I can just dismiss all the mundane housework?  I am just so glad I was able to get back for some of his visit.

This has been a  pretty short and sweet post… but I want to get ready before any one is up… we are heading out early.  I will take lots of pictures… so I will share in the coming posts.

Take care… have a blessed day … and live life to the fullest every day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment