Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Just a Regular Week…

September 27, 2011

Nothing really special happening today… just tending to a few domestic chores.  This is the only day this week that I am home for any length of time.  I am definitely going to find an Aye (sounds like IE, a Chinese housekeeper) for at least a couple mornings a week to do this pesky housecleaning.  Now that all the fall activities are gearing up I just will not have time to keep house… not to mention that it is my absolute least favorite thing to do!!!

Yesterday I went to the kickoff meeting for Healing Home.  I have mentioned this program before.  Babies that are born with clef palettes and hair lips are typically abandoned.  The end up orphaned and through the amazing talents of doctors that contribute their time and expertise, these babies have corrective surgery.  They go to Healing Home to recover and rehabilitate.  I am going to be there one day a week to help teach these toddlers sign language and English, as well as Chinese.  Due to the clef they have problems with hearing and speech, so our group works with them two days a week.  They are amazing children.  No matter where you are from…children are children! And they never cease to amaze me.

After the meeting, one of the directors of the program, Joan, and I went for a Spa Pedicure afternoon.  She made the appointment for us last Friday… we would be getting our super deluxe treatment and then to the Blue Frog for ‘buy one get one free’ Monday night special.  So we get to the Spa and someone has erased the appointment and there is no one there to do our treatment!!! Oh no!!! The driver has dropped us off and gone!!!  We are bummed and befuddled!!  The woman at the reception desk remembers the call for the appointment.  The mistake is theirs… they want to make it right… they will give us a Spa Day for free… but what about today? 

The Dragon Fly is right next door… if we can get in there today... will this place pay for it??  Checking…. Checking….  Yes!!! Most excellent!!!  We go next door and yes they can take us…now… for the super deluxe treatment like we would have gotten at the Skin City 55 Spa.  Awesome!!  So we got a wonderful treatment for free!!!  Which clearly made it feel even more wonderful than it already was!!  What started to be the worst afternoon… ended up better than we could have expected.  The treatment we had was RMB365 for each of us… and now it was FREE!!! 

After we left there we walked down the mall to the Blue Frog where we indulged.  I had a chicken breast sandwich with sweet potato fries and a Coke Zero… Joan had a Montana Burger with fries and a spritzer of some kind… the whole meal was only total RMB145 which is only about $11 USD each.  For a western meal, that is exceptional.  It is usually about RMB100 – 145 each… or $16 – 20 USD each.  So we felt like we had done very well for our afternoon out!!

I am also doing two Bible Studies this fall… one in James and one in Revelation.   I am loving the studies and I love meeting such a wonderful group of ladies from all over the world… all coming together to study God’s word!!!  I am so truly blessed to be able to be with these ladies weekly.  I am making lifelong friend here.

Wednesday I will be going to Puxi with Jacqueline for lunch and exploring.  She is from Taiwan and her husband is from Sweden.  We are going for meatballs that are heralded as the ‘Best Meatballs in Shanghai’!!!  I will let you know in the next posting how they stacked up. 

Friday is the last of our Hep shots…Yea!!!  So we will go to JinQiao (Jin Chow) to Parkway Health… get one last stick…  and we will be done!!  It won’t take all day, but since I am already fixed up for the day… I think I should take advantage of it.  Not sure yet what I might do, but I will do something!

Sooooo… that is my week in Shanghai… what does your week look like?  

Live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience. Colossians 1:10-11.   The world should be able to see that we are workers in God’s vineyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment