Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Back Home... what a whirl wind trip!... so much to do ...so little time

After 14 and a half hours on an airplane from Shanghai to Chicago, we stood in a line that wraps around about 25 times... for over 2 hours to get through customs.  Then we retrieve our bags and THEN re-check them for a re-booked flight to Dallas because we have missed our flight home.  Finally pulled up to the house at 1:30am... some 36 hours since we started our day in Shanghai. 

We unloaded only the bags we needed the stuff to wash faces and brush teeth...... the rest will have to wait.  We collapse into bed...OUR BED... a bed with a good measure of padding.  It was total bliss!!! And ...if Kendall and Brooklyn had not called at noon we would have still been sleeping!!!  But alas... we reluctantly got up and prepared for all the family to arrive.  We finished unloading the luggage... gotta get those goodies we brought back for everyone. 

The Tanner's were the first to arrive.. then later the Kemp's.  We shared the apartment pictures and the stories of the week's adventures... everyone is getting more comfortable with the impending move... which is only 3 weeks away.  The goodies were passed out...  It was wonderful for us all to be together and I suspect we will have a lot more togetherness over the next few weeks.  It will not make up for the year we will be gone, but I will take advantage of any and all I can get!!

There is a ton of stuff to do in the next 3 weeks. I was reeling before and now it gets even crazier.  It is crunch time now... pull out everything that is going to China.  The movers are here on Friday to size the move.  That means make decisions and everything has to be out on display.  Now that we have been to China, I know better what I can get there or want to get there, verses the stuff from home I want to take.  Try planning ahead for a year... summer clothes? Kitchenware? Stuff to make a home for a year?  Oh My...   the list gets longer by the minute.

What to pack and take is only half of this equation... what about all the stuff that has to been done while we are gone?  It is really starting to hit home with the kids.  What about the vehicles?  the house? the ranch? the apartment?  paying bills?  and so on and so forth....what about..what about... what about.....?  and that list goes on and on. 

I have been noting stuff in a notebook as I thought about it for the last few months... so they have a bit of a cheat sheet.  But I never claimed to have a complete list.  Some things are just rote.  We will work them out as we go. 

I am chaperoning Kendall's GT field trip to the Dallas Museum of Art this week. There are two awards assemblies this week as well.  I want to attend as much of the grandkids stuff as possible and make it for lunches with them before we leave.  I will miss all their school and sports activities.  They will send me videos and pictures, but it won't be the same.

Stay tuned .... the chaos begins!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wade is so excited, with aprehension of course. I look forward to following your journey, you've got me tuned in!

    ~Blessings
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete