Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spa Day in KL

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I needed a day to kinda recharge my energy, so I decided it would be a spa day for me.  One thing I have learned in Asia, the spas are usually very inexpensive.  The other thing I have learned is that there are many different kinds depending on where you are.  Today I would be having a massage and a facial.

The massage: 

Asli
TRADITIONAL TOUCH

Spa Tip: A medium to strong massage using smooth, long strokes, thumb pressure and palm pressure to release tension from shoulder, spine area, neck and lower back.


The facial:

Instant Lift 

for dry/sensitive skinTAKE THAT ‘FRAGILE’ STICKER OFF MY FACE, PLEASE?

Spa Tip:
Say goodbye to wrinkles with this facial that has anti-ageing and brightening effects.


I was totally ready for some serious stress relief.  Traveling with Michael takes all the patience one can muster.  He is like trying to peel a cat off the ceiling.  After a 5 hour plane ride and his stressing about the week… I seriously needed to chill because I know he isn’t.   I do realize this is a somewhat backward approach to solving the situation, but if I am chilled then I can handle his stress better.  Very logical thinking on my part…huh?  It makes perfect sense to me!  And a what a complete rationale for a spa day!

So within 45 mins of my call for an appointment, I am on the 5th floor at the Angsana Spa.  I confirm my treatment request and start off that pampering with the most yummy tea.  It is a cold tea called Rosell Tea.  It is a flower that is crushed and brewed.  It was kinda sweet and so nice.

Then I am ushered into room and the massage is first up.  This was very different from any I have ever had… it is a technique from Indonesia.  The girl starts with equal pressure at your feet and works her way all the way to your head.  She is on the table with me… every vertebrate in my back popped.  I had to most instant relaxation.  From there it really did not matter… I was complete putty.  And this is how I stayed for the next 2 hours.

After the massage… the facial, which was not as wonderful as the massage, but it was pretty darn close.  The good thing with the facial is about half of it is really more massage. 

I hated to see it all end… but as with all good things… there is usually an end.  I was ushered next to a big comfy chair where they served more of this wonderful tea and a fruit.  However, with a little probing, I am told this is really turnip with a side of palm powder to dip it in.  I have never eaten raw turnip, but it is really good and the palm powder is ok in moderation.  I really do not see me telling anyone I am craving raw turnips and palm powder… like I might about Mexican food.

I muster up the strength to schlep my way back to the room, totally relaxed and ready for a nap.  But unfortunately, I realized I had had neither breakfast nor lunch.  I wanted something, but I also wanted to leave the oil on for a while to soak into my skin… so I throw on Michael’s baseball cap and go downstairs to a deli for a sandwich to go.  I ate while I worked on my elephant posting.

Tonight we met Hanne and Beau for dinner at our new favorite place… the basement of the Pavilion.  I know of no other place with food booths that has the variety to choose from and two people can eat dinner for about $7.00 USD.  Everyone gets to choose what they want… and we find a nice table to eat and chat.

After our feast in the basement, we emerged to the street level and the gelato stand… yuuuummmmm… ice cream!  Michael is in heaven with all the variety.  So we stop off there for some cold creamy frozen delight.

I needed the walk back to the hotel… I was so full.  So a day at the spa and a nice dinner with our new friends… it was another wonderful day in Malaysia!!!




 






No comments:

Post a Comment