Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I found a back door into Facebook about a week or so ago.  It has been really nice to see the posts of family and friends, but the nicest of all is to see the pictures posted that remind me of all the wonderful things going on back home.  But this morning I was looking at a post my daughters had responded to.  It was a photo of their Dad when he was just a youngster.  His wife, Kathy, had added this quote to her response and I thought it was not only a truism, but just so beautifully said.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets , so love the people who treat you right, forget about one's who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Thanks Kathy for sharing such a lovely quote… I am so happy Roger has you in his life and that we can all be friends.  This started my day off so nice.

Then Hanne colored my hair… which made Michael really happy.  She did a great job and I feel 10 years younger.  I was telling Marcy I needed to color my hair and she told me I should go El Nat- ur- ell!  I asked her if she was ready for me to age about 15 years… that white hair does that to a woman.  She thought about it a minute, then changed her mind.  But I will let you in on a little secret… there is no way I am ready to go natural… it is why we have hair color!!!!  I just would not feel right if I did not do my share to support hair color products!!!

Church was really great today… Emma was able to come.  It was just Hanne and I going, so having Emma join us was really nice.  We are studying 1 Thessalonians.  The theme is ‘A spiritual Roadmap in a mixed-up World’.  The message today was focused on 2:6b-12, spiritual returns on spiritual investments.  I am really enjoying our international church… I am celebrating the differences instead of comparing them.  It will not be like my home church, but it helps to keep me fed each week, along with online sermons from Prestonwood, and my bible studies.  I was so afraid that I would not continue to get what I needed once I moved to Shanghai, but I have been pleasantly surprised.

We enjoyed dinner at Element Fresh.  It is such a wonderful place to eat.  Everything is just like the name says… fresh!  We sat and chatted a long time.  Emma is having a hard time here.  She is all by herself on the other side of Shanghai.  Although she has met some really nice people and making friends, it still seems she is missing home a lot.  So if I can help feed her soul and she can spend time with us… and it helps her cope better… I am pleased to be a part of it.

But alas… all good things must come to an end.  Emma had to start the journey back across the river and we needed to go to the Carrefour.  We walked together to the Carrefour, where Emma hopped a cab and we went grocery shopping.  I zoomed through the store getting what I needed.  Since we are going to the farmers market on Yang Gao Lu Tuesday, I only bought what I needed for a couple of days.

As we headed to the taxi line, there was a young couple trying to communicate with the driver.  It was clear they were struggling.  As we headed to the next in line, the young man said the driver would not take them and that we could have that cab.  Well… that has happened to me and I was totally feeling their frustration.  I asked where they were going and turns out it was to Puxi.  The cabs on this side of the river are reluctant to go to the other side.  They were going to a location that I knew they could get to using the metro.  I told them we could share a cab to our house and they could catch a metro at the Science and Technology Station.  They had such a look of relief.

So we all jumped in the cab and started for home.  As it turned out, they are from Spain and visiting an Uncle in Puxi.  They had already had a bad experience with another taxi that brought them all the way across Pudong to a grocery store and now they will have to go all the back and then some.  So I called Michael and told him to bring up the metro map that I was bringing home strangers in need. 

So we got them all squared away with the correct line on the metro, directions to the station and they were off.  They thanked us and tried to pay us for our help… please … I was glad to do it.  Kindness does not come with a price tag!  I so remember what it was like to arrive here and be completely overwhelmed.   We warned them about the red cabs and wished them good luck.

Until next time…  have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment