Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunday, May 15, 2011

It is Sunday evening and we are home from a very productive afternoon.  Michael needed a haircut… left the house early so he could go before church at 3pm.  The hair place, Benson’s, is right around the corner from both the church and the Dragon Fly… well we HAD to make the cab ride count.  Soooo, Hanne and I decided to go to the Dragon Fly for pedicures while Michael got his hair cut… then meet up at the church.
This was my first pedicure with the Dragon Fly so I was curious to see if I would like it and it was good… not wonderful… but good.  I guess after having their great foot massages the pedicure is just a pedicure.  But at least now my toes are good for sandals.  And that is really what it is all about.  This was Hanne first pedicure ever.  And she loved it.  So it all was worth it.  I had my first when I was about 38 year old… the price was pretty high back then and I was not one to splurge on such.  But now… the price has come down significantly from the days one would cost $50 to now a nice pedicure is as low as $20.  It has gotten so competitive that prices have really gotten affordable.  Even the grandgirls get their toes done.  Things have really changed since I was a kid… do you remember getting pedicures at 7 years old?  Me neither!!
We got to the church and found a seat… walking right past Michael and not seeing him… oops!  Great service today and every week it gets better.   It is not exactly like our services back home… but it is better than nothing, which is what I was thinking when I left the states.
After church, we always have dinner somewhere… usually Element Fresh, which has become my most favorite place to eat.  Not to discount Ajisen Noodles, which is a close second, but Element Fresh has a western menu so it is hard to really compare.  But today we opted for one of the restaurants outside the Carrefour, The Secret Recipe.  It was ok, but not really all that good.  I think we should stick with Element Fresh.  It is never a disappointment.
Carrefour was even more crowded and busy than usual for a Sunday evening.  It was nerve racking and that means that Michael was even crazier than usual.  He does not have to deal with the everyday errands in Shanghai.  And because he is not out in the middle of the craziness on a regular basis… he makes me crazy with his inability to deal with ‘everything’.  He gets so stressed that it makes me stressed.  I have devised a system for dealing with all my day to day errands.  Now that I have learned what I need to do to keep from completely insane, everyday things do not bother me so much anymore. 
I’m guessing being in an office which is a rather closed environment, where it is predictable and familiar makes it harder to assimilate to the ‘outside’ world.  When you are out in the ‘real’ world, you are forced to adapt.  If you do not make this transition… you will forever be stressed!  I have learned my coping mechanisms and it makes what could be a frustrating day… a really good day!!!
And we have a lot of things planned for the coming week… so I am ready for anything!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment