Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Monday, June 27, 2011

China: Day 9 – Big Girl Spa Day and the Aquarium

Tuesday, June 14, 2011



I had promised a day for Bailey and Kendall with me… today would be that day.  The other kids would be going to the Shanghai Aquarium to watch the sea creatures.  I made appointments for 4 foot massages… Marcy was joining us.

The weather had been anything but cooperative.  It was raining off and on again this morning and was showing no sign of stopping.  So going to the confines of the spa or aquarium in the dry seemed like a pretty good idea.

With everyone else out the door for the subway and the Aquarium, I took a moment to catch my breath, before hustling to get ready for us to leave too.  I would be taking the girls to the super market with me as well.



They look so grown up… I cannot believe how quickly it is happening.

We had an hour long foot massage, which I was not sure how well they would like it.  Until now they had only had pedicures.  But when it was over and we emerged from the darkness and the bubbling sounds of water, they were gushing about the experience.

We walked across the street to the Element Fresh for a late lunch.  Bailey kept saying she felt like an executive with a corporation and should be sipping a latte or something.  I was not feeling that in the Element Fresh, but I would roll with it if that was her impression.  We had a wonderful lunch together.

For the entire walk to the Carrefour all they talked about is how they loved the foot massage and what it felt like.  I am so pleased they enjoyed it. 

The rain continued intermittently all the afternoon. At one corner where we needed to cross the street, it was quite a puddle… so much so that a passing car managed to get us even wetter than we already were!!!  But with all the giggling and such, we just laughed a little more and went on with it.

In the meantime, the rest of the family was enjoying the Aquarium.  I have included snaps from the day that Chris had taken.  The first three were taken outside our apartment.  I have included them simply because I think they were great pictures.














They came back from the Aquarium talking about all the things they had seen.  They were particularly fascinated with the tunnel through the tank and the sharks swimming right above their heads.  It was quite an experience for them as well.

Everyone had a wonderful day although we did very different things.  It has been a great day… there is only 2 days left.  Where is the time going… it is passing much too fast!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment