Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace
And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Empty Nesters again…

Tuesday, June 28, 2011



Sunday, the last of our house guests left.  It is weird now… no one to talk to or cook for… just Michael and I again.  And of course he is gone to work now so I am here alone; the only sound is the hum of the A/C and an occasional horn honking.  I could turn on the TV to one of the 10 English language stations running programs we saw at least 3 seasons ago in the US… but hey, it is better than nothing.

I actually need to get up and finish the cleaning I started yesterday.   So I decided to contemplate life here at my trusty computer and write for a little while.  I think they call this procrastination?  And I am learning to do it so well.  But really, I have 18 ladies going to be in my house tomorrow for Bible Study… the least I could do is clean the bathroom.  I’m sure they would appreciate that!!

I am seriously thinking I should have a housekeeper come in at least once a week to do the heavy cleaning.  We live on the first floor, what a huge mistake that was.  All the dirt and grime from the streets drifts in through the pores of this apartment and a nice black settles on everything.  Daily cleaning is really what is required to keep it at bay, but I am thinking that is way too much work for me.  Or better phrased, that is way more work than I want to do.  It would cut into my ‘me’ time.  You know, the spa visits, bible study and the ministries I am getting involved with here.  So we will see about that I-E (Chinese for housekeeper). 

Speaking of ministries… two that have spoken to my heart, Eden House and Healing Home.  Eden House is a ministry to get the young Chinese girls off the streets and out of the red light districts.  These are mostly young girls coming in from other provinces, poor and needing money to send home to their families.  Many are from the Sichuan province that was hit hard by earthquakes.  So much poverty there and the old refuse to leave, so they send their daughters here to ‘make a living’ however they can. Or they are sold by their parents as virgins… which is a huge business here.  It is sad and tragic, but Eden House is building relationships and helping.  They make progress, one girl at a time. 

Healing Home is a ministry that addresses the needs of babies with Clef Palate.  These are orphaned and abandoned babies that need surgery and lots of love.  They need a place to recover until adoptive parents can pick them up.  But mostly they need someone to hold them and love them.  They just need someone to give them a chance at a normal life.  One thing I have to give is ample arms to hold them and a big heart to share the hugs and kisses. 

The one thing that we all agree on here in China, it is a hard place to live and we seek God’s support and love to get us through the tough days.  Every woman I talk to says the same thing… since moving to China they are more focus and centered in the Lord and closer than ever.  I have experienced that in my own life as well. 

Before I go any farther I want to tell you… were it not for my daughter, Marcy, none of these posts would be possible.  Although I have managed to find a back door to Facebook, the government blocks blogs too.  I wanted to keep this journal of my experiences while here in Shanghai, but that meant that someone else would have to post my blogs.  She stepped up and is making that happen.  I sent her 12 blog entries for the time they were here in Shanghai with hundreds of pictures.  She got them all over a couple of days and she has posted them all with the same duration… thanks honey for posting these for me!!!  I know it is a lot of work with the pictures.

And I need to thank Jennifer… she gets our mail and pays our bills and does our banking and feeds our animals… AND she is letting Maggie live with her.  She has a house full of kids and still takes care of our stuff too…  Thank you for holding down the fort!

They are taking care of everything on ranch so that we can be here in China.  I am so blessed to have my daughters!!

Onward with the day… I have decided that I can finish the cleaning and go to the spa… So I am calling for an appointment!

The bathrooms can be done later today… besides …It is only 10:30am… who in their right mind cleans before noon anyway!! I must add that to my words to live by… Never clean before noon! (Not really but it sounded good)  I used to be such a clean freak, but with age has come much wisdom in this regard.

There are a lot of things that change with age, but that could be a long post all by itself… so until then… have a blessed day and make it count!



No comments:

Post a Comment